To properly specify the correct Power Supply for your application, Mid-Eastern Industries has put together the following list of requirements that you should consider when deciding on what Power Supply to purchase.
- Can my requirement be satisfied with either a Standard, Modified or Custom power supply.
- What Configuration do I need, Stand Alone, Rack or Panel Mounted, Hot-Swap or Battery Back-Up.
- What Input Voltage Range (Low & High Line) will the power supply need to operate from.
- What Output Voltage & Current (Continuous & Surge) will the power supply need to provide.
- What specific Electrical Characteristics are required for your application?
- What specific Environmental Characteristics are required (Temperature, Humidity, Shock/Vibration)
- Which Mechanical form factor is required, connection type, size & weight of unit.
- Cooling required, (Forced Air, Direction, Convection or Conduction cooled).
- What is my required Reliability, low cost unit vs a premium enhanced unit.
- What specific features or options must the power supply have.
- Are Agency Approvals or specific Qualifications required or is “Designed to Meet” sufficient.
- What is my target price and delivery for this type of unit.
Considering the above questions along with working with our knowledgeable Sales & Engineering staffs will insure that you receive the correct power supply for your exact requirement.